GREETINGS TORCH BLAZERS

Sandra Renee Hicks, is President of Solid Journey, as well as a writer and moderator on FaithWriters.com. Writer's Digest magazine voted FaithWriters one of the "101 Top Websites" in 2006.

This blog was created for your reading enjoyment, edification, and to provide exposure to the skills of writer, editor, and consultant Sandra Renee Hicks. Solid Journey was established to provide services for those who desire steadfast excellence from a place of integrity and professional reputation. This blog will present, free of charge, short stories, essays, poetry, and other written work produced by Sandra.

Please visit this blog periodically to observe the talents and skills that are on display here. Sandra is deeply appreciative of all that GOD has invested to advance His agenda.

One aim here is to encourage you to hire Sandra. Please consider using the services of Solid Journey. It is licensed in Washington, D.C. - License number 70101848. For additional information, the website is http://www.solidjourney.webs.com/

If you are not inclined to use the services of Solid Journey, please know that your visit here is appreciated.

How about it torch blazers - shall we glow together?!

Thank you for your consideration.

You are invited to comment on this blog for the purpose of making positive contributions for those who blaze here.

Copyright 2012 on this blog applies to Sandra's written content as well as the pictures, which were photographed by Sandra.

NOTE: PLEASE VISIT MY RETAIL PHOTO BLOG, PHOTO FLOURISH, at http://www.photoflourish.blogspot.com/.

NOTE: TO VIEW OLDER POSTS HERE, CLICK ON "Older Posts" AT THE END OF CURRENT PAGE CONTENT.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

WRITING SAMPLE - POEM TITLED, "SOARING"


Greetings torch blazers -

SOARING

God says in His word in Exodus 19:4-KJV, “…I bare you on eagle’s wings, and brought you unto myself.”

I am soaring, soaring to heights
that are boggling to the mind -
I am so at peace
because God is in perpetual motion
on behalf of His saints

My wings take me high, high in the wind
through the storms into dimensions
that are absolutely breathtaking -
I flutter happily in glee
able to share with Father God
the ecstasy of being in fellowship with Him

This is not a dream
This is real
God watches as He takes me to places
that reveal more of His treasures -
This is a true realm of sureness
We have a bond

He elevates me to peaks that satisfy
the appetite of my eager spirit -
God is present in this atmosphere
The air is thick with His being

This is a place of delight
of bliss, of surety, of faith
I am high in Him -
His virtue embraces
and allows me to indulge
in His awesome splendor

Caught up, and loving
every moment of this blessed
venture into the depths of
his heavenlies - these passages illustrate ever so effectively
just how marvelous God is

Soaring, soaring, and cannot express how
thoroughly engulfed I am in His blessed assurances,
His immense power, strength, and limitless love –
I am captivated, enthralled, and richly
impressed with all that He has
given for His holy name’s sake

High – so high in Him
in this tranquil place
my soul is so undisturbed because I love Him so -
He is Solace, Father, Comfort
indeed there is access to Him with confidence -
I soar because He loves,
and daily He undertakes for me
and loads with His benefits

I have soared with the aid of His holy compass
and the help that He gives that is very present
accompanied by His many great and precious promises
that indeed He shall fulfill because He is the magnificent
Most High God who taught me
how to fly, and then to SOAR.

On I go not always knowing where, when, what or how
but I know WHO gave me these wings and allows me to soar -
He envelops and keeps performing His word
that shall never return void -
I am airborne by faith, in flight by Spirit, carried by grace
I am one of HIS eagles appointed to soar
in holy ecstasy with His gift of eternity!!!

© Copyright October 10, 2008